Digitisation Operative (FTC)
Findmypast has been working with the British Library to digitise their extensive newspaper collection since 2010. This is a large project with different work streams in several locations. This role is based in the British Library building in Boston Spa, West Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to work onsite on a digitisation project within a public sector environment. The successful candidate will have a great work ethic, a ‘can do’ attitude, be able to display evidence of good communication skills and high attention to detail. Great team working skills is a must as well as having the ability to learn new software. and multitasking. An interest in handling rare material would be desirable. This role would particularly suit a individual looking to gain practical experience in digitisation.
Please note that this is a Fixed Term Contract for 18 months and would require getting yourself to and working 4pm – 10 pm Monday to Friday.
The appointment of a successful candidate is subject to passing an enhanced background check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th July 2021 at 5:30pm.
- To learn all the scanning processes.
- To meet targets in all sections of the project.
- Scan newspapers and other archive material.
- Quality control of images and metadata.
- Actively take part in project meetings.
- Carry out adhoc instructions from management.
- Work within British Library and Findmypast guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure work area is kept tidy at all times.
- To ensure that Health & Safety and Security Procedures are adhered to at all times including strict Covid procedures.
- To carry out quality assurance checks, using specific guidelines given.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties falling within your capabilities, as the needs of the company dictate.
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we’re looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail and high standards
- Competent IT skills and willing to learn about software packages and network setups
- Consideration and respect for history and historical items
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Good motivational skills
- Ability to keep motivated during long periods of repetitive work
- Process driven with a flexible approach
- ‘Can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic
Desirable skills and experience
- An interest in history and archive material
- Experience with photography software
- Experience with filenaming conventions
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (pro rated) + 4 bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we’re not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.