Digital Operations Specialist
At DC Thomson we are a business with a purpose – to make a positive impact on the communities we serve.
We are home to some of the world’s best loved media brands, organised around local news and radio, companionship, kids, advocacy, energy, puzzles and hobbies.
The Courier, The Press & Journal, The Sunday Post, Beano, Stylist, Puzzler, The People’s Friend, My Weekly, bunkered, Energy Voice, Findmypast and Brightsolid are just some of the brands you might know us for.
Deeply rooted in our communities, we are investing in data, technology and talent to unlock a new level of understanding about what really matters to our customers. This is how we are shaping the future of media.
We’re changing the way we work to create a flexible, collaborative, learning-led culture that draws on expertise from across the organisation to create award-winning content and cultural moments that make audiences want to be part of our communities.
Our HQ is in Dundee and we have bases around the UK employing over 1,200 extraordinarily creative colleagues working in a mix of office/home/hybrid. They’re passionate about being part of the story of so many well-loved brands and they’re crucial to our ambitions for the company.
We’re looking for the best people to join us at DC Thomson, to share their energy, ideas and skills and be part of our story.
Why join us now?
DC Thomson is on an exciting transformation journey to growth. Our brands matter to people and we are passionate about sustaining meaningful relationships with the communities these brands serve.
Focused on creating brilliant content and experiences that inspire our audiences and communities.
The Digital Ad Operations team is a modern and ever-evolving team that delivers a high volume of digital advertising campaigns for both our customers and internal brands. The team of delivery experts works closely with the Commercial Content, Creative and Commercial Development departments to ensure all campaigns are delivered to the expected benchmarks and beyond.
The team is at the heart of the DC Thomson digital operation and is a vital resource for the company to achieve digital growth.
Please note this post is available from our Aberdeen, Dundee or Glasgow Office.
As Digital Operations Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Building, delivering and optimising paid search campaigns across Google Ads; be the lead user of Google Ads manager accounts (Search, Display and video), managing audiences and handling retargeting.
- Working with internal stakeholders to gather information and agree on campaign deliverables and objectives. Presenting regular post campaign analysis back and working together to agree next steps.
- Support the wider delivery team in building, delivering and optimising paid social campaigns across Meta and Linkedin
- Ensuring all activity is tracked to a high level of detail. Be a lead user of analytical tools including Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Microsoft Excel to provide analysis and reporting on all digital activity.
- Writing copy for ads, and creating visual ads for social, demonstrating accuracy and creativity.
- Working to agreed budgets and delivering campaigns within the agreed deadlines
- Optimising all digital marketing activity daily to maximise results and achieve agreed benchmarks
- Working with colleagues to integrate audience management tools such as permutive and hub spot.
- Coordinating with Brand Marketing, Commercial Content, Creative and Sales teams to ensure you have all assets required to achieve deadlines.
- Support the wider digital ad-ops team in upskilling in Google ad delivery by providing training and support.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
The postholder will should be able to demonstrate competence and previous experience in the following areas:
- Managing, and getting the best from PPC and display campaigns in Google Ads
- Creating and optimising campaigns in Facebook Ads Manager.
- Demonstrating excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- Using Google Analytics and similar tools at an advanced level
- Working to a marketing budget and being accountable for spending.
- Planning and managing priorities and deadlines.
- Utilising excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Working autonomously and collaborating effectively.
Knowledge of the following will also be beneficial: programmatic / display ads; video ads / YouTube video ads; using Creative Cloud (Photoshop) to edit image assets; Google Search Console
Be Customer focused – Have a passion for delivering great results for our internal and external customers.
Be Commercially focused – Understanding profit with a focus on margins and revenue growth
Be Focused on Continuous Improvement – Have a growth mindset, be willing to share best practice and learn from colleagues. When one of us shines we all shine!
Encourage collaboration – Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure we are always delivering the best results possible.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. The role presents the opportunity for hybrid working that includes a blend of home working and regular office attendance. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.