Digital Marketing Manager
We’re seeking a Digital Marketing Manager with experience managing PPC and paid social campaigns to join the team behind the Beano comic and the Official Beano Shop.
Beano Studios is a rebellious entertainment studio based in London. The Studio produces diverse entertainment content across TV and the award-winning Beano.com – as well as theatrical, experiences, consumer products, and the legendary comic and annual. Beano is the #1 comic in the UK, with a copy sold every seven seconds. Everything Beano Studios produces is informed by Beano Brain, the kids and family insights consultancy.
Join Beano Studios as Digital Marketing Manager and you’ll be responsible for managing all our paid digital marketing activity to drive the growth of the Beano Shop (shop.beano.com) and increase Beano comic subscribers.
As a creative business we have ambitious targets for growth, building on the phenomenal success of the Beano comic and our more recently launched personalised products.
If you have hands-on experience managing Google Ads PPC campaigns as well as paid social campaigns on Facebook, you could be the person we are looking for.
As Digital Marketing Manager you’ll have a high level of responsibility and accountability. You’ll be identifying opportunities for growth, carefully managing budgets, writing copy, managing creative assets and deploying and analysing our eCommerce marketing activity.
- Manage digital marketing for shop.beano.com and the Beano comic. This includes managing the Google Ads account and Facebook Ads Manager account on a day-to-day basis, managing our affiliates programme, and all other digital marketing activity as required (e.g. display, YouTube and Amazon campaigns).
- Track activity to a high level of detail. Provide analysis and guide strategy.
- Optimise paid digital marketing activity to achieve targets.
- Manage audiences and seek to understand customer needs.
- Manage budgets and spending for paid digital marketing activity.
- Write accurate and creative copy for ads and other content.
- Brief creative to the design team and deploy, test and manage assets.
- Grow organic traffic to shop.beano.com through targeted SEO activity.
- Deliver effective organic social media activity.
- Collaborate effectively across teams at Beano Studios.
- Support the wider business with B2C and B2B digital marketing activity as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking for a self-starter excited by the potential of working in a small, dynamic team.
In your experience as part of a digital marketing, eCommerce or content team you’ll have managed impactful PPC campaigns and created and optimised effective paid social campaigns.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- A thorough understanding of Google Ads (including Shopping ads).
- A thorough understanding of Facebook Ads Manager.
- The ability to use Google Analytics and analyse complex data.
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to use Photoshop to edit and develop image assets.
- A thorough understanding of SEO, plus related technologies and best practice.
- The ability to plan and manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Sound understanding of the Beano brand.
- Willingness to understand and get excited about the products Beano fans love.
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial but is not essential: managing programmatic / display ads; managing video ads / YouTube video ads; using Google Merchant Centre; using Google Search Console; managing Amazon PPC; managing affiliate marketing.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full- time, permanent position. Beano Studios offices are based in London, but given the nature of the role, it can be carried out remotely with the occasional travel to our office. Until current restrictions are lifted, the role will be entirely home-based. We offer a generous package including: a competitive salary, healthcare cash plan, excellent pension and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Beano Studios welcomes applications from everyone who make up our diverse society to make sure we are best placed to create the amazing stuff kids love to watch, read, play, make and share with their friends.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.