Customer Support Advisor – FTC (6 months)
We are looking for a Customer Support Advisor to join our existing team of knowledge experts for a period of 6 months delivering high-quality support to our customers. In this role, you will be the face of our brand interacting with customers and providing support for a range of customer queries and complaints through various contact channels such as email, live chat, social media and telephone. You’ll ensure customer satisfaction with each and every contact creating a positive experience that leaves a lasting impression. Your core working hours will typically be Monday to Friday 9:00 am until 5:30 pm however this is dependent on requirements and may include weekends and evenings.
We connect people to their family stories – You’ll play an important role in helping our customers through their own personal journey
Our work has purpose — We help our customers better understand who they are and where they come from in the world through our products.
We work in a flexible hybrid environment – enjoy the best of both worlds with a perfect balance of remote homeworking and office-based work. Our hubs are based in London and Dundee and provide the perfect environment to connect and work together at least 2 times per month.
- Handling customer enquiries efficiently and effectively, answering any questions and queries via live chat, email, telephone (inbound and outbound)
- Managing and resolving customer complaints to a high standard
- Providing support and comprehensive product/service information to our customers
- Building relationships and engaging with customers and providing a human approach
- Identify opportunities to enhance customer experience and turn dissatisfied customers into happy customers
- Working with both customers and internal departments cross-functionally, problem-solving and resolving customer issues
- Co-ordinating closely with Marketing, Content and Engineering teams
- Identifying and reporting any potential website or user issues
- Accurately capture customer data where required, to help influence business decisions
- Contribute to the overall achievement of agreed response times/SLAs
- Deliver personal KPIs and objectives, as agreed with your line manager
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we’re looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in working in a Customer Service contact centre environment
- An interest in family history is beneficial but not essential
- Passionate in championing the customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- A pro-active approach to learning within a small team, taking responsibility for your own development
- An aptitude to swiftly learn internal systems
- Ability to quickly analyse complex information and solve problems
- Excellent team working skills are essential as well as a proven ability to work in isolation and on your own initiative
- Thorough attention to detail and commitment to delivering the best customer experience
- Good working knowledge of the most popular internet browsers and common website processes
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Ability to accept constructive feedback positively and real desire to learn and improve quality of work
- Willingness to go above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service
Please note: We are not currently licenced to sponsor work visas and as such, are unable to progress applications not currently eligible to work in the UK.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed.
- 30 days holidays + UK bank holidays per annum. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we’re not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.