Content Writer (Sew Magazine)
Aceville Publications’ craft department is looking for a bright, creative and conscientious Content Writer to join the team on Sew magazine. This is a permanent, full-time, office-based position (temporarily home-based).
The successful applicant will have either proven experience in consumer journalism or be a Journalism, Media, English Language or Literature graduate keen to further their editorial career.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills for print, online and social media, be highly organised and relish working in a busy, fast-paced magazine environment.
You should be numerate with a head for figures, a stickler for detail and not fazed by working on a multitude of tasks at one time.
No two days will be the same, and you’ll need to juggle between writing engaging news and features, subbing complex dressmaking and project text to house style, sourcing inspiring images, producing audience-friendly content for its website and social media accounts and supporting the magazine through its final production stage with careful proofreading and subbing.
The successful candidate will work within our dynamic, market-leading craft department and become part of a motivated, experienced and passionate team of creative individuals.
- Previous experience or educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ability to seamlessly adapt between writing for print and digital media
- Ideally an understanding of sewing terminology
- Confident use of social media and online platforms, and how to best utilise them to the benefit of the magazine
- Excellent communication skills with the flexibility to grow with our brands
- Ability to generate new and exciting ideas whilst keeping the magazine’s audience firmly in mind
- Strong organisational skills
- Willingness to attend relevant consumer and trade shows, overnight stays as necessary
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position, based in our Colchester office. We offer a generous package including: healthcare cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com