Content Writer (Craft Department)
Aceville Publications’ craft department is looking for a bright, creative and conscientious Content Writer to join the team on Let’s Knit magazine. This is a permanent, full-time, office-based position (temporarily home-based). This is an entry level position, but some experience is welcome.
The successful applicant will have either proven experience in consumer journalism or be a Journalism, Media, English Language or Literature graduate keen to further their editorial career.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent writing skills for print, online and social media, be highly organised and relish working in a busy, fast-paced magazine environment.
You should be numerate with a head for figures, a stickler for detail and not fazed by working on a multitude of tasks at one time. No two days will be the same, and you’ll need to juggle between writing engaging news and features, subbing complex knitting pattern text to house style, sourcing inspiring images, producing audience-friendly content for its website and social media accounts and supporting the magazine through its final production stage with careful proofreading and subbing.
The successful candidate will work within our dynamic, market-leading craft department and become part of a motivated, experienced and passionate team of creative individuals.
- Calling in products for photo shoots, assisting at photoshoots, subbing copy, sourcing pictures, sourcing extracts and proof reading pages
- Subbing and preparing for publication projects commissioned to freelance designers, ensuring that all copy is accurate, that all necessary material has been supplied and checked, that there is sufficient material to fill the space and that all relevant details are included
- Organising, researching and writing a number of regular pages within the magazine to tight deadlines, and seeing these pages through all stages of production alongside the Editor
- Organising, researching and writing features within the magazine in line with the above
- Assisting in the production of supplements and other promotional materials and offering support to the wider craft department as and when required
- Contributing content ideas which are on brand, well researched and may support advertising or other commercial activity, and suggesting improvements in order to assist with the creative development of the magazine on an ongoing basis
- Keeping up to date with published books and sourcing extracts from publishers for potential reproduction in the magazine
- Liaising with production staff, project designers and other in-house and out-of-house contributors as required in order to facilitate the smooth production of the magazine
- Carrying out a variety of online tasks including monitoring the title website and social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram etc. and regularly contributing relevant content to these sites. Implementing and overseeing social media campaigns
- Producing copy for the monthly online newsletter
- Sourcing suitable giveaways for the magazine and maintaining a system for distributing the prizes to readers in a timely fashion
- Attending relevant consumer and trade shows with overnight stays as necessary
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full- time, permanent position, temporary homebased. We offer a generous package including: Healthcare cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.