Commercial Content Creator
Aceville Publications, part of DC Thomson Media, is looking for a multi-skilled and intuitive Commercial Content Creator to work across multiple women’s lifestyle brands.
This is an opportunity to sculpt branded content across all extension sand platforms for Natural Health, Health & Wellbeing and Veggie. You’ll work closely with clients and our wider commercial team to generate campaigns and solutions that are engaging, innovative and results-driven.
The ideal candidate will be an adaptable and flawless writer for print and digital, a skilled SEO expert and able to work autonomously as well as part of a fast-paced team. You’ll have razor-sharp commercial nous and be able to switch between different house styles at the drop of a hat, plus possess sound knowledge of the women’s lifestyle sector.
We’re a leading UK publisher passionate about creating amazing experiences for our audiences. Our market-leading brands include Natural Health, Health & Wellbeing, Grow Your Own, the Teach group, Modern Home, The Crafts Channel and Crafts Beautiful.
We reach millions of engaged consumers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We’re looking for someone who can create content that grabs every single one of them by the eyeballs. Interested? Read on.
- Research, write, collate and sign-off commercial and promotional content for Health & Wellbeing, Natural Health and Veggie. This includes, but is not limited to, content for magazines, websites, e-newsletters, social platforms and podcasts.
- In collaboration with the Events Marketing Manager and relevant senior staff, manage and generate awards content for Natural Health, Health & Wellbeing and Veggie, meeting defined revenue, data and engagement aims.
- Work together with the commercial teams to deliver revenue-driving multi-platform strategies Liaise with clients on commercial content solutions with efficiency and professionalism.
- Ensure all content achieves maximum value for external clients and internal brands, using innovative strategies for all target platforms –including SEO.
- Use analytics to track engagement and constantly learn from and improve our content.
- Plan and direct photo shoots and video shoots, including sourcing products and styling, as required.
- Perform other tasks delegated by the Editor and Head of Editorial to support the team and wider departments when required.
- Previous experience in consumer magazines, plus proven digital and social media experience is essential.
We pride ourselves on putting people first. This role is exposed to an incredible array of departments and upskilling opportunities, making progression easy for someone who is motivated to succeed. We’ll work with you to develop and progress your career based on what you enjoy. Plus, as part of DC Thomson Media, we offer a competitive package of benefits to support your personal and professional development. This includes a healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and mental health support.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you, You will also be required to submit 2 pieces of your own work with your application.
This is a full- time, permanent position, based in our Colchester office. We offer a generous package including: a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.