Beano Studios is looking for a Commercial Analyst to join their team based in London.
Beano Studios is a rebellious entertainment business, driven by insight and data, which creates, curates and delivers entertainment for kids of all ages worldwide. The Studio produces diverse entertainment across multiple destinations; including TV, digital content, consumer products, e-commerce, partnerships, Beano Brain plus the legendary comic and annual.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial and Business Development, Beano Studios, this is a new and important commercial analytical support role with room to grow and develop at Beano Studios and working wider across the DC Thomson Group on key change, product and growth initiatives. Responsible for gathering financial and operational data about Beano Studios and providing assessments and analysis of the data. Developing business case best practice, research and analytical best practice, exploring new tools, improving forecasting and target setting, tracking and learnings
Working with the Head of Commercial and Business Development, and the budget holders within Beano Studios on commercial and business development, budget and re-forecasting cycles, financial modelling, data manipulation, desk research, project management and tracking. Highly analytical and well developed in financial modelling. Key objectives include identifying sales growth, business expansion, the formation of strategic & business partnerships, and increased profitability.
- Supporting the Head of Commercial and Business Development, gathering financial and non-financial data, analysis and helping to increase profitability at Beano
- Owning the detail on commercial analysis, margin analysis, business development and growth cases
- Leading best practice for business case development with stakeholders
- Budgets, re-forecasting cycles, assumption testing,
- Financial modelling, ROI, pay back analysis
- Desk research, industry trends, data analysis
- Product research
- Project management, tracking
- Tracking, maintenance and analysis of KPI’s and other company data sets
- Collating the monthly dashboards, challenge and supporting reporting cycle with CEO
- Exposure to relationships with existing clients
- Increasing client base and widen the commercial offering
- Legal and operational follow up on new initiatives
- Ad hoc projects at Beano Studios and DC Thomson
- Potential for being part of both tactical and strategic growth work/projects in the wider DCT Group
Experience / Knowledge/Education
- Analytical, financial modelling
- Research and analysis
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, used to juggling multiple stakeholders
- Collaboration skills
- Project management skills
- Accounting and financial qualification (or equivalent) and experience an advantage
- Good understanding of the underlying metrics to drive scalability and profitability
- Industry experience in all forms of entertainment and media, technology, subscriptions or digital would all be an advantage
- All systems, fast learner, excel expert, data expert
- Strong PowerPoint and information presentation skills
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position. The role is based in our London office but until current restrictions are lifted, will be home-based. We offer a generous package including: a competitive salary, healthcare cash plan, excellent pension and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Beano Studios welcomes applications from everyone who make up our diverse society to make sure we are best placed to create the amazing stuff kids love to watch, read, play, make and share with their friends.
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org