Business Development Manager (Energy Voice)
Part of DC Thomson, one of the UK’s oldest and most successful media groups, Energy Voice is on a pathway to become the leading brand in global energy news and insight.
Already an established name in energy news, events and podcasting, we aim to be the go-to forum for senior professionals worldwide to stay ahead of market events and trends, build their networks and find business development opportunities. That will make us the #1 platform for marketers who want to speak to those professionals.
Having seen significant expansion of our service and revenues in recent years, we are now looking to scale rapidly. We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial team, with a positive, collaborative and creative approach to business.
We offer our clients a unique integrated marketing service, called Content Services, powered by our sector knowledge, content creation skills and expertise in campaign strategy and execution.
Combined with our large, highly-engaged and carefully segmented audience, this means we can help clients target the right people with dynamic and effective campaigns across multiple platforms – including events, podcasts, social, video, editorial and display advertising.
Maintaining the pace of growth in Content Services is a fundamental pillar of EV’s business strategy to 2025. We aim to amplify our reach in the energy transition space, and global markets. To achieve this, we are looking to hire a highly motivated, experienced and connected Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team and drive this growth.
We offer our teams options for flexible working offering a blend of home and office working with access to DC Thomson’s offices in Scotland and in London.
- Identifying high-potential targets for Content Services. Engaging with those companies, via a cold approach where required.
- Responding to inbound enquiries, or qualified leads identified by marketing.
- Securing new business by uncovering prospects’ marketing and communications challenges and desired outcomes, and designing plans and campaigns to meet those.
- Account managing those clients, ensuring excellent delivery, and identifying opportunities to deepen or working relationship.
- Owning a significant portion of the brand’s budgeted revenue.
- Building a broad network, including through attending industry and social events, both to help access new business opportunities, and also have access to external experts for campaign content.
- Working with marketing, editorial, events, content production and advertising operations teams to ensure seamless campaign delivery.
- Working with the wider BD team, EV’s management and colleagues from across the DC Thomson group to drive the enhancement of our commercial and product strategies.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of energy/B2B marketing and a track record of securing and account managing major clients, by helping them achieve their marketing and communications objectives through multi-channel content-driven activity.
- A natural communicator, they must have the ability to persuade clients to trust Energy Voice as the optimum outlet to promote their key messaging. They will also need to evidence a creative and entrepreneurial approach, in order for us to further develop the content services offering and amplify the value-add we can offer.
- Campaign management and reporting, in addition to business development work is a key element of the role, so excellent organisational and administrative skills are important, plus an ability to understand, present and work with marketing performance data. Knowledge of CRM and advertising management software is also preferred.
- The job requires regular phone calls and meetings with potential and existing clients, and attendance of industry events, so frequent travel is expected.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. This is a hybrid role offering a blend of home and office working from our Edinburgh or London Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.