Brand Marketing & Communications Executive
Beano is one of the nation’s most loved and iconic brands. First hitting the newsstand in 1938, it is an ever-evolving kids ‘media brand with an award-winning digital network, a growing comic, a thriving IP business and an exciting new TV and film development studio. Part of DC Thomson, there’s a lot going on, a lot to do and a lot to be proud of, especially with Beano turning 85 next year.
Reporting directly to the Brand Marketing and Communications Manager, the Brand Marketing and Communications Executive assists the whole Brand Marketing and Communications team to deliver the annual marketing strategy aligned to the overall creative and commercial vision for Beano and DC Thomson.
Part of a small team responsible for brand marketing, communications, partnerships, events and supporting a growing IP business, the Brand Marketing and Communications Executive will embody and represent the Beano values of ruffling feathers, sticking together and mucking about and will have a passion for brands, media and entertainment.
- Support the execution of all brand marketing campaigns
- Develop and execute content plans for Beano social media accounts to build brand love and brand health
- Assist with the management and delivery of creative projects to ensure team and agencies deliver against deadlines and projects on time
- Assist the team with ideas generation for key projects and campaigns
- Manage competitions and support on IP partnership marketing
- Manage the Beano for Schools activities (website updates, newsletters etc.)
- Assist in liaison with and distribution of marketing assets for campaign delivery
- Responsible for raising purchase orders and ensuring payment of invoices, tracking and reporting brand marketing costs
- Provide day-to-day coordination and admin support for external agencies
- Assist with organisation and materials required for internal and external events
- Create post campaign analysis and marketing reports
- Set up and manage internal and external marketing meetings
- Source and order merchandise when required
- Be responsible for writing, distributing and following up on meeting action points
- Experience of working as part of a marketing team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A keen interest in brands and communications
Beano Studios welcomes applications from everyone who make up our diverse society to make sure we are best placed to create the amazing stuff kids love to watch, read, play, make and share with their friends.
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Dundee office or on a remote basis. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.