B2B Development Manager
Puzzler Media, as the UK’s leading puzzle content creator and publisher is seeking to materially grow B2B revenues both within the UK and internationally.
Within our client base, traditionally the business has been based on providing puzzle content for use in print, but more recently we have developed various digital solutions, including content processing and interactive solutions, that allow clients to easily take or import content from us and use across a number of different platforms/technology including websites, digital editions Apps., and print publishing solutions.
The print and digital business development functions have existed alongside each other, but we are now looking to bring them together with the creation of a new Business Development role, reporting to the Digital Solutions Manager.
The B2B Development Manager (BDM) will seek to maximise revenues with new and existing B2B clients, both digitally and in print. This is a client facing role and will require the successful candidate to quickly understand clients’ requirements and translate them into action plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assessing the existing client base both in terms of profitability of current agreements and for those we want to maintain, seeking ways to extend our relationship with them through enhanced digital and/or print services and/or new solutions
- Identifying and nurturing new clients, understanding and putting in place solutions to enhance the clients’ own customer experience and/or cost-efficient solutions
- Seeking out new revenue streams both in the UK and internationally using our content and/or digital solutions in the B2B environment. This will include, but is not limited to, licencing, syndication, including syndication agencies and book publishers, games developers, publishing and digital publishing software providers, marketing and digital agencies, education platforms/software providers etc.
- The individual will be commercially astute and will have previous experience of negotiating at a senior level within different types of organisations.
- The ability to deal with the detail will be matched by the skill to see the bigger picture in terms of business development opportunities.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for customer service, strong account management skills, and be well organised, with a strong desire and ability to think creatively.
- Whilst they will not be expected to have an in-depth technical background, they will have a good understanding of digital and general terminology, with an ability to quickly grasp the benefits of our digital solutions and capabilities.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. Puzzler Media’s offices are based in Redhill, Surrey, but given the nature of the role, it is likely that the BDM will have the use of our central London offices and will have the option of working from home. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.