Art Director, Stylist – 12-month FTC
We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic Art Director, with experience in print and digital, to lead our award-winning art team and design direction. From making covers to overseeing digital assets, you’ll be leading design across all of our editorial and marketing platforms, ensuring that Stylist remains one of the UK’s best-designed media brands.
The Stylist Group is a women-focused media brand. Through our monthly magazine, live events and non-stop digital content, Stylist reaches a monthly audience of over 4.5 million and helps market thousands of global brands. We keep a commitment to feminism, equality and female empowerment at the heart of everything we do.
- To design weekly covers for print and digital that become global talking points. Covers should be creative, innovative and multi-media where possible.
- To oversee the monthly design direction of the magazine to ensure it is full of visual surprises and produced to an award-winning level.
- To manage a team of designers across platforms, ensuring all digital assets are on-brand and visually enticing.
- To create dynamic, multi-media assets with the design and photography teams for social.
- To oversee, and create when required, marketing campaigns for various parts of the Stylist brand.
- To support Stylist’s ecommerce brand, The Drop, with design work as needed.
- Demonstrable relevant experience working on both print and digital design, with proven expertise in creating magazine covers.
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator.
- A passion for exploring new digital trends and products – understanding the necessary skills to create innovative new formats.
- A wealth of contacts in the illustration and art world.
- Experience in working at speed and to tight deadlines.
- Management experience is also desirable.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining why you are best suited to this role.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract working 37.5 hours per week, based in London but offering a hybrid working from home/office scenario. We offer a generous packaged including 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, excellent pension, competitive salary, access to Health Cash Plan and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.