We are looking for a coach to enable our teams to successfully self-manage and work effectively together. You will collaborate with cross-functional product development teams in a fast-moving environment.
Agile Coaches at Findmypast are catalysts for driving improvement in business impact, delivery performance, and team health, using a variety of techniques including change management, product development practices, and individual coaching and mentoring. We’re inventing new customer experiences, underpinned by React.js while building out a platform of microservices with Node.js. We’re a lean and agile environment, working in small cross-functional teams to solve challenging business problems. We employ modern discovery and experimentation practices, pair programming, continuous integration and deployment, a DevOps culture, and learning guilds. There is a real opportunity to make your mark.
What you’ll do
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture
- Coach and give feedback to people, including senior leaders
- Actively support teams to deliver value more effectively and to become self-managing
- Coach teams and individuals facing challenges related to how they work together
- Advocate for and advance modern agile software development and organizational practices, and teach Agile, XP, and Lean concepts, principles, and practices
- Design and facilitate larger group sessions
- Work from our office in Shoreditch, London
Who you are
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software product development
- You excel at facilitating, coaching, and mentoring teams and leaders towards rapidly delivering high impact, high quality software in a sustainable fashion
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety
- You have an understanding of and experience with a variety of Agile approaches, including Extreme Programming, Scrum, and Kanban
- You are able to adapt your approach and communication style to fit varying contexts and situational needs
- You are not afraid to raise issues and inspire change and continuous improvement
- You care about learning new things and improving upon existing challenges
- You are comfortable with and can help guide others to deal with situations of conflict, ambiguity, and uncertainty
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. Millions of users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, collaborative, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.