Agency Account Manager (Partnerships)
DC Thomson is a privately owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data, and talent. People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting portfolio of media brands including The Stylist Group, Puzzler Media as well as communities in energy, local and national news, women’s and children’s magazines, lifestyle, teaching, crafts, and sport. While our roots are firmly in publishing, with a portfolio of newspapers and magazines, DC Thomson has diversified into digital technology, radio, TV, and events.
We are looking for a highly motivated Account Manager active within the agency world to join our talented Agency Sales team in London (Fleet Street). Our team work primarily across our Women’s Magazine portfolio with each Account Manager responsible for a group of active agencies offering cross platform advertising solutions.
You will have the relationships and reputation to introduce DC Thomson and our brand portfolio to agencies and advertisers creating tailored packages and partnership ideas. With the drive and determination to exceed targets and maximise revenue you will have the commercial acumen to identify additional ways of unlocking new revenues opportunities outside of Display Advertising as well as growing and maintaining new business from existing and lapsed advertisers.
If you are an ambitious Account Manager who is looking for the next step in your career and make your mark in one of the UK’s leading media companies, we’d love to hear from you.
- Study and fully understand all facets of our media portfolio and services being offered
- Approach potential clients through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, promotional events, or other means
- Hone and deliver a skilled sales pitch to potential clients, either by phone or in person, in an effort to secure a sale
- Explain the benefits and potential audience of specific media offerings to potential clients
- Detail pricing and ability to negotiate costs when necessary
- Facilitate successful sales by collecting client information and providing order information to the company
- Add notes to CRM system recording for each client call or meeting
- Track every sale gained to ensure that it is completed accurately and on time
- Work to maximise sales and meet quotas in the short and long term
- Maintain excellent relationships with all clients in your portfolio
- Visiting Clients, attend tradeshows, or participate in industry events or trainings as necessary. Meets clients outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Upskill in various sales tactics and approaches approved by the company where appropriate
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Commercial experience in a similar role
- A commercially driven thinker that can identify and act upon opportunities
- Understanding of the how communication best works externally and internally
- Maximise the use of system/s to track opportunities, revenue pipeline and accurate client reporting using CRM
- A track record of successfully managing and growing an existing client base as well as developing new business whilst maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders.
- Monitor competitor activity and chase relevant leads to increase revenues
- Meet and even exceed expectations and KPIs
- A good speaker with the ability to present persuasively and influence at a senior level
- Sound data and information analysis skills
- Excellent lateral thinking skills, in particular an ability to look beyond the obvious
- Excellent report writing and presentation ability
- A high-level of competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is hybrid fixed role working 3 days from the local office in London and 2 days from home. This role is full time 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. If you have an existing flexible working pattern in place and would like for this to be considered, please indicate this as part of your application. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.