One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. Millions of users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland, with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
Reporting into the Performance Lead, you will take ownership of the affiliate marketing channel for the business. Are you an ambitious and talented affiliate expert? If so, this could be the right role for you.
We’re looking for a confident Affiliate Specialist to join our growing team in London and make this role their own. You will be responsible for enhancing and growing our affiliate programmes through iterative improvement. This will be crucial to achieving success for us in 2020 and beyond. You will be responsible for directly implementing the affiliate strategy; working alongside the channel managers.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Developing growth opportunities for our affiliate programmes.
- Building relationships with our existing publishers.
- Discovering & liaising with potential new affiliates.
- Activating affiliates through collaborative promotions & messaging.
- Developing affiliates reporting to deliver insight and drive performance.
- Collaborating with other digital marketing channels to grow revenue.
What We Are Looking For
- Previous experience in an affiliate role, working hands on with affiliate programmes.
- A people-person, able to build strong relationships with a range of partners & stakeholders.
- An ability to see insights in data and to use these to make commercially-focused recommendations.
- Strong commercial acumen; can link behaviours to business benefit and build compelling business cases.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience using Google Analytics (or similar tools).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with proven ability to work autonomously.
- A “self starter” and pragmatic attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Exposure to and understanding of other digital marketing channels.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website