Account Manager (Kirkcaldy)
As a Multi Media Account Manager within Advertising Sales, you will be responsible for promoting and selling across the DC Thomson portfolio of brands. While this roles focus is to grow our radio advertising revenues, we are looking for a candidate with the tenacity to apply themselves to all potential new opportunities across the full DC Thomson advertising portfolio.
We are looking for a candidate who can proactively identify both New Business & New Opportunities for the team. You will be asked to approach potential clients, proactively identifying areas of opportunity in order to generate revenue while both growing and maintaining excellent relationships with all clients.
The commercial ambitions for the Fife region is a key area, and requires high levels of motivation, proven sales experience and creative thinking.
The key purpose of the role is to grow the business, by establishing and developing relationships with new and existing clients. You’ll be highly motivated and positively embrace the new culture within DC Thomson, to deliver greater collaboration, cross selling and new initiatives.
You will be tenacious, creative, brave, hard-working and unafraid of a challenge. As a natural relationship builder and communicator, you will find it easy to make connections and maximise sales opportunities. Ideally you will have media sales experience, but whatever knowledge you don’t have we’ll provide.
- Confident to present multi-platform advertising solutions to the SME Market.
- Sourcing opportunities and generating appointments to win new business in our local market.
- Build new and develop existing client relationships, ensuring you clearly understand the client’s business goals.
- Explore the freshest ways of working across our broad range of products.
- Creative innovative ideas to deliver results and grow your client’s business.
- Think and do things differently, ensuring we stand out in the industry against our competitors.
- Work across multi-disciplined teams to efficiently deliver results for our clients.
- Present creative pitches in a dynamic and engaging way.
- Deliver against agreed revenue targets, activity levels and standards of performance.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the advertising space
- Deep understanding of the advertising marketing landscape and platforms.
- Proven track record in achieving targets
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional writing and language skills, plus business-level computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn new products and solutions quickly
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Maximize the use of system/s (CRM) to track opportunities, revenue pipeline and accurate client reporting
- Manage and grow an existing client base as well as developing new business, maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders.
- Monitor competitor activity and chase relevant leads to increase revenues
- Meet and even exceed expectations and KPIs
- A good speaker with the ability to present persuasively and influence at a senior level
- Excellent report writing and presentation ability
- Team Player with a collaborate outlook
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. This is a hybrid role offering a blend of home and office working from our Kirkcaldy Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Gym Discount, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.